Healthy Habits Enhance Fertility
Creating a healthy lifestyle now can help preserve your fertility. Here are some ways to help ensure that you do everything you can now to increase your chances of conceiving later:
- Exercise regularly in moderation
- Eat enough protein. Protein deficiency can affect a woman’s ovulation.
- Stop smoking. Cigarette smoking causes a woman’s eggs to deteriorate more quickly and can even bring on early menopause. Smoking also increases your risk of miscarriage.
- Stop drinking alcohol. Alcohol consumption may cause irregular ovulation.
- Decrease stress. Too much stress may affect fertility. The struggle to conceive can create its own kind of stress for both partners. Take an objective look at the sources of stress in your life. Try to reduce them now so they don’t pose a problem later.
If you want to help your partner be healthy, here are some tips that can help him increase his fertility:
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Consuming too few calories or too much high fat meat can cause testosterone levels to drop in men. Help your partner make the right food choices.
- Stop drinking or cut back on alcohol consumption. Men who consume large amounts of alcohol may produce abnormally shaped sperm.
- Decrease stress. Anxiety and stress can decrease fertility. The struggle to conceive can create its own kind of stress for both partners. Take an objective look at the sources of stress in your life. Try to reduce them now so they don’t pose a problem later.
Being healthy now can help you and your partner conceive in the future. If you want help making changes to create a health lifestyle, talk with your doctor.